Today I was able to create and finish a few prototype designs for the final design for the magazine. I was able to create two prototype designs for the main illustration and one larger prototype design for the double page-spread.
I created two illustrations based off of the sketches I did within my book that focused around a portrait style of a simplistic styled steampunker in a dark, steamy setting. I tried doing two version of the sketch, with one being fully based around the original sketch, and the other one being a close up of the steampunker without the piping boarders.
The page spread is mostly based around the dark and steamy background of the illustrations, as well as having various parts of pipes around its edge in random places (in order to make room for text and to not look plain and repetitive). The first page will have the title, subtext and information, while the second page will be made to to show an image relating to steampunk culture (art, DIY, fashion, etc.).